[SOLVED] Having a m.2 ssd and hard drives compatibility issues on MSI b450 motherboard

Dec 3, 2018
I have and MSI b450 board and installed a 500gb western digital ssd (m.2) and when i checked on pc part picker it said that when the m,2 is installed it shares bandwidth with the sata 6.0 gb and my two 2TB hard-drives are using the sata 6.0gb. The two Hard-drives are on their way but i just realized this potential issue. Should I be worried or is it not an issue? Is there a way around it? Thank you for responding i really appreciate it!

Solution
Just had a quick look at your user manual online. When you install your M.2 drive, it will disable SATA5 and SATA6 ports on your motherboard. So you just have to be sure you don't plug your other hard drives in those two ports. SATA ports 1-4 will all work.
Just had a quick look at your user manual online. When you install your M.2 drive, it will disable SATA5 and SATA6 ports on your motherboard. So you just have to be sure you don't plug your other hard drives in those two ports. SATA ports 1-4 will all work.

Solution