Having a problem with HDMI audio through the GTX 1060 on Windows 10, please help…

Jul 6, 2018
So I just recently bought a pre-build gaming PC, Ryzen7 2700X with Nvidia GTX 1060.
When I plugged it in and that on everything boot smoothly and quickly with the exception of there being no sound. I have an ASUS monitor with speakers, I have been using that for the past couple of years flawlessly with Windows 7, anyways sound was not working so I immediately figured I should download and install the newest Nvidia drivers. I did but still would not work, so I went into audio manager to check and make sure that the HDMI was set to my default playback device, but when I did that I noticed It was set to being "not plugged in", I tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers, try rolling them back, tried changing settings, changing them back, etc. etc. I have been playing around with this old days and it seems no matter what I do a keeps telling me that the audio device is not plugged in when it obviously is. I even tried googling this information and I found that many other people were having the same issue but I could not find any solution, so I am wondering if anybody can help me out please.

Jul 6, 2018
The graphics card obviously :) I am not really a novice with Computers/Windows, so I kind of know what I am doing but having said that I am no expert at all, there is still much stuff I don't know but everything I have run into over the years I have been able to fix usually by googling the problem and finding some solution but this time I can't. I am nearly ready to just return the system [which I don't want to]