Having a problem with RAM i recently bought

Sebasmadd

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Ok so the problems is this, my computer won't boot with the dual channel memory ram i bought, 2x4gb for a total of 8 gb, with the two sticks place on the mobo, the computer simply won't boot. with only one stick, it try's to boot but at some point it just gives me blue screen, but when i put my old memory the computer starts just fine.

Now the part you wan to know, my old memory is a corsair vengeance of 4gb (single stick) at 1600 mhz DDR3, the new ones i got are kingston DDR3 at 1600 mhz too, practicly the same memory but from a different brand

My motherboard is a Asrock H55M-LE.

Other thing, my old ram if wasn't recognize as 1600 mhz as it should, but on the BIOS there was some thing about XMP that makes it run on 1600 that was advertise so no problem over there, but i tried doing the same with the new RAM and there's no XMP profile to select.

One last thing, on the asrock website says that my mobo is not compatible with the new RAM i bought, because is not on the list they give, but it also says my old RAM is not compatible too, but it does, because i'm using it..So i don't understand.

This is the list o told you above
http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/H55M-LE.pdf

Check under 1600 section because that's where both of my memory should be listed.

Please help, sorry for the long explanation and bad english :)

Edit: does have something to do with the fact that the mobo is dual channel but instead of the ports being 1A and 2A is actually 1A and 1B?

Solution
Think the Kingston came out about 2013 (so is newer and uses high density chips), the Corsair was released in late 2009 or in 2010 so it has the older low density memory chips. Might look for GSkill's NT series of Value DRAM, they were made with low density chips

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Guessing the new DRAM is, well, New. The 1156 mobos were designed to run the early DDR3 (pre 2011) which was made with low density memory chips, today's DRAM (Post 2010 is made with high density memory chips which most 1156 mobos don't like. What's the actual model of the DRAM?

Sebasmadd

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

Well i don't understand much that 1156 mobos thing sorry haha..but what i do understand i guees from wha you're saying, is that a new RAM won't work with and old MOBO? is that right?

The RAM i bought (today actually) is a Kingston KVR16N11S8/4..on both motherboard and RAM websites say that their not compatible, nor the RAM with the motherboard, or the motherboard with the RAM.. But i don't understand why my old RAM does work? when is not suppose to be compatible with my mobo.

I was reading on other websites that as long the RAM has the right frecuency, and is non-ECC and un-buffered they should work, well my old ram has those thing, the right frecuency, is non-ECC and un-buffered, but so is the new ones! gosh this is so frustrating.

Update: this is the exact model of memory i'm using from like forever
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-4gb-single-module-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz4gx3m1a1600c9

amtseung

Distinguished
To put it simply, they don't make it like they used to.

Even within the same type, for example, your non-ECC and unbuffered DDR3, they were manufactured differently, and the circuitry back when your motherboard was new is completely different compared to the new technology and manufacturing methods for making memory sticks, as it evolved over time. I'm not surprised an older motherboard like yours just doesn't play nice with the newer stuff. My 10 year old motherboard definitely doesn't play nice with the newer stuff.

They're listed as not compatible for a reason.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Think the Kingston came out about 2013 (so is newer and uses high density chips), the Corsair was released in late 2009 or in 2010 so it has the older low density memory chips. Might look for GSkill's NT series of Value DRAM, they were made with low density chips

Solution