[SOLVED] Having a strange audio issue

programram

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
So for the past few months whenever I join on PC any sort of voice chat be it Discord, Skype or the Xbox app I always have to switch my input, so lets say I'm using my Arctis 1 and thats whats selected as my default and what is selected in the app I have to select something else and then switch back to it so I can actually hear the voice chat, I thought it might be a headset issue so I tried a new headset same thing, its clearly not just a discord thing since well any VC has the same issue so what could this be?

Solution
Take a look at the audio configuration settings.

There are numerous audio settings for speakers and microphone.

Start by right clicking the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner. There will be four menu items that you can choose from to delve into multiple windows, tabs, and properties settings.

Another path is

"WIN" + "I" > Devices > Sound settings (over to the right) > Input.

If nothing is found or the configuration changes fail then try downloading the applicable audio/device drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure as necessary.

Ralston18

Titan
Take a look at the audio configuration settings.

There are numerous audio settings for speakers and microphone.

Start by right clicking the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner. There will be four menu items that you can choose from to delve into multiple windows, tabs, and properties settings.

Another path is

"WIN" + "I" > Devices > Sound settings (over to the right) > Input.

If nothing is found or the configuration changes fail then try downloading the applicable audio/device drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure as necessary.

Solution