Question Having an extremely annoying problem with my laptop display changing color temperature. I’ve tried many things. Can you help?

Aug 10, 2021
First off, system info: Asus Vivobook, Windows 10 64 bit, AMB Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon graphics 2.38 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM

The issue: my screen keeps changing color temperature. The warm colors disappear, and I am left with a blue-tinted screen. This happens particularly when 1. I bring up display settings screen 2. bring up the notifications tab 3. When I view pictures/videos full-screen (before I reinstalled windows, now that does not happen) When I restart the computer, even the lockscreen will switch between colour temperatures before I get to the desktop. To solve the problem temporarily, I have to either close the display and reopen or change the size and layout option (and then change it back again.)

Here is what I have done, and what I have done to try to fix the problem, without success:

1. Updated drivers, rolled back drivers

2. Turned off vari-bright, free-sync, and virtual super resolution in Radeon settings (in other words anything weird that could be interfering with the display settings)

3. Reset system with a fresh install of Windows (which at least fixed issue 3 above)

4. Turned off night light

5. Disabled antivirus

It seems to be some strange driver issue which is causing the computer to change color settings, but I’m at a loss what to do since the drivers are up to date and a factory reset does not help. It’s driving me crazy. Any ideas what to do? Thank you all.

ASK THE COMMUNITY