Having an issue with my i5 6600k core 1 seems to have a huge difference in temp between the other 3 cores im not sure why

K1LLSW1TCH1

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
So basically im having an issue where one of my cores in this case core 1 seems to have between 5-7 degrees higher temp than the other 3 cores on my processor, i have tried reseating my cooler and reapplying the paste which has made no difference so i am presuming this is normal even though i have not seen this before on my old processor. Im not sure whether this is normal or not i guess there is no way to tell but it is working so i guess that is a good indicator, im looking to run a stress test to check everything is stable im gonna use prime 95 i was wondering what test and for how long is a good way to check that everything is alright, thanks guys in advance.

It's normal. You need a good cooler to prevent throttling when running the latest version of P95; but it's a good cooler test. If it doesn't throttle you can let it run for hours if you want to. You could use Intel XTU and enable all hardware monitors to check the core temperatures, throttling, etc.

gergguy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I have a i5-6600k also. Exact same thing. Core 1 runs hotter than the other 3, although I don't remember exactly how much warmer. I don't believe it's as much as 7. It's probably more around 4-5.

K1LLSW1TCH1

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016

it does seem about 5 degrees actually