Having Boot Problems in Windows 10 *HELP*

bm7018

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
So after installing a fresh Windows 10 to a new build I have run into a problem, after a successful install and setting it up I was on my desktop and decided to restart the system to rearrange my boot options and put my hard drive first because that's obviously where my OS is now. After doing that my system will not boot into windows, it boots into the same windows setup as it did before, prompting me to install Windows and type in the product key as if I never installed it in the first place? Please, I need help here, dropped a lot of $$$ (woops) and this is my first custom pc. Thank you in advance!!!

If you have any questions please ask... I really need the help here :)

bm7018

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015

Yes I have tried that, rearranged boot options so basically every option listed has been boot option #1. Just keeps booting into windows setup with the usb drive in, when it's out it tells me to select proper boot drive or disk.

andrewcarp

Honorable
Sep 10, 2015
Sorry for the strange question, but can you install Windows, get into your desktop, and then remove the flash drive? It sounds like the installation is not working properly. If we're lucky, you might just have to try again.

bm7018

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
I attempted to install windows again but it is telling me something like it can't install windows on my hard drive because it is GPT partition or something like that. It has approximately 10 gb taken up on the hard drive indicating windows was already installed. Just to be clear I had already installed windows and been to the desktop, but I wanted to turn the computer off and rearrange the boot options to hard drive being #1. That's when I started having this problem, haven't successfully been into the desktop since then.