[SOLVED] Having difficulties setting ram to 3200mhz

Brian_246

Honorable
May 31, 2017
I've tried all possible solutions on my end so I am looking for some help. Here are my specs.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
MOBO: ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb DDR4 3200MHz
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo plus M.2 SSD, 256gb SanDisk SSD, 1TB WB HDD
GPU: MSI rtx 2070 super 8gb
Power Supply: EVGA 650 gold+

after constant tweaking I was able to get 2933 MHz with COS voltage at 1.1 and DRAM voltage at 1.375. My Bios is already on the latest version and I believe I am using D.O.C.P timings. The standard DOCP profile is set at 3200MHz however my system cannot run it. Is there anything I should be doing instead or is there something I am doing incorrectly? or is it possible that Ryzen and this rog motherboard just is not capable of running 3200 MHz?

P.S since I could not post a picture this is an imgur link with CPU-Z of my Ram

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/qzcNnlM

Solution
Update: after testing both ram stick separately the issue still the same both work normally under 2933 MHz and neither of them can boot while set to 3200 MHz
Are your RAM sticks located in the recommended slots DIMM_B2 and DIMM_A2?
Have you tried using a program called "DRAM Calculator for Ryzen"? It suggests stable memory timing sets optimized for your memory kit.

Update: after testing both ram stick separately the issue still the same both work normally under 2933 MHz and neither of them can boot while set to 3200 MHz
Are your RAM sticks located in the recommended slots DIMM_B2 and DIMM_A2?
Have you tried using a program called "DRAM Calculator for Ryzen"? It suggests stable memory timing sets optimized for your memory kit.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution

Brian_246

Honorable
May 31, 2017
Well...this definitely reflects occam's razor.. after downloading Dram Calculator and Thaiphoon to find out the RAM module, and rank etc. inputting all the information and still failing. i decided to double check the manual for the ram placement. my ram was not in the primary A_2, B_2 and was instead in A_1, B_1. thank you guys for all your help and sorry. i didnt realize i had my ram in the wrong slots since they're not color coded I placed them in the incorrect slots. now with the basic DOCP settings and base profile it works like a charm.
View: https://imgur.com/a/2bjeKVn

Reactions: rocktalkrock