[SOLVED] Having FPS issues after upgrading machine and clean installing windows. Looking for thoughts and ideas

Jan 20, 2019
I upgraded my computer with a M.2 500GB SSD a week ago and have been having lots of FPS issues since I did a clean installs of windows onto it. I know that the SSD does not necessarily have anything to do with that. I feel like I am getting less frames then I used to in the same games. Destiny 2, LoL, COD:BO4, PUBG to name a few. All games seem to need to be run on some of the lowest settings just to get up to 60-90 FPS. Also I have issues with videos in browsers starting to stutter as well.

I have tried multiple clean installs of windows on the new drive as well as switching back to the old one with the same issues. I am completely up to date on windows and all drivers. As well as I flashed my bios to the latest version when I installed the drive.

Any help is appreciated. Specs listed Below

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.00GHz

RAM: 2x8GB PNY 1600MHz DDR3

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A (Socket 1150)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Storage: Samsung SSD 960 EVO SSD (M.2)

Western Digital HDD 1TB (Sata)

Seagate HDD 1TB (Sata)

Solution
unplug the tow HDD's and see if things speed up, could be a bad or starts of a failing drive.

Also when you do your OS installs did you only have the M.2 drive installed. If you have the old OS drive plugged in it could be pulling the old boot record from the HDD instead of installing it on the M.2
Jan 20, 2019

I have already tried to swap the memory in its slots as well as bought a new graphics card because I thought that was the issue and still no change unfortunately.

Apr 10, 2015

Have you tried running it with one stick at a time? Or just swapped slots?

unplug the tow HDD's and see if things speed up, could be a bad or starts of a failing drive.

Also when you do your OS installs did you only have the M.2 drive installed. If you have the old OS drive plugged in it could be pulling the old boot record from the HDD instead of installing it on the M.2

Solution
Jan 20, 2019

I have not I'll give this a shot

Jan 20, 2019

Yes. When I did the initial clean install I made sure to unplug both drives before I did it.