I made a new custom pc on my own here are the specs :

Ryzen 2700 (with his own ventirad)
32 gb G.Skill CL 3000MHZ
EVGA RTX 2080 TI
MSI x470 MOBO
Be Quiet Pure Power 11cm gold 600W
And the case is NZXT h440
NVME Corsair mp510 480 GB

So i'm having huge and annoying troubles. If my computer runs for at least two hour (maybe a bit less) and start heating while playing It will freeze every minutes, I tried with a watch to check when the freezes happens and it will only appears every 60 seconds ... I really don't know what to do.
Also the problems are in Counter Strike, when I back on my windows and close CS it will also happen, If i play a less powerful game like Age of empires it won't happen and it will get bigger once I play a stronger game like Borderlands 3 on ultra settings.

What I tried :
Update bios
Move to nvme (I had a Sata SSD first and it was already happening)
Move to 2080 (I was on GTX 960 and the freezes were already here before)
Perform a clean boot
Check CPU's temperature and it looks ok.
Also have checked Windows troubleshoots history and nothing was wrong

Feel free to ask me anything about what I should do this problem is very annoying for a 2000 € setup i'm desperated I tried everything and checked a lot of threads.
O8Ml0v6.png
bmojo5M.png
C5W0tuh.png

Solution
Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the freezes.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system activity and performance while idling, simply browsing, playing "less powerful" games, and then while playing "stronger" games.

Overall, my thought is that the PSU is not up to the power demands required by the "stronger" games.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the freezes.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system activity and performance while idling, simply browsing, playing "less powerful" games, and then while playing "stronger" games.

Overall, my thought is that the PSU is not up to the power demands required by the "stronger" games.

Solution
Oct 10, 2019
What are you checking CPU temperature with? Can you post of pick of the CPU's load temp (so maybe after a couple minutes of CS:GO)? Same for GPU.

I am thinking either temperature or not enough power. Hard to say without seeing the temps.

Here you go :
ErHr6xd.png

(sorry it's in french I can't set the software in english, maybe you do know another software to check the temps ?)
q7WB8MP.png

Oct 10, 2019
utDCtfS.png

I told before that I ever checked the reliatbility history on my post and nothing wrong was happening. Even with OCCT on stress test nothing wrong happen.

Ralston18

Titan
Windows provides several tools to help troubleshoot:

Built in troubleshooters via "WIN " + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot
Update history
Task Manager
Resource Monitor
Process Explorer (you may need to download that via Microsoft's website).
Reliability History/Monitor.
Event Viewer

If Reliability History did not reveal any issues then try the other tools.

Oct 10, 2019
Windows provides several tools to help troubleshoot:

Built in troubleshooters via "WIN " + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot
Update history
Task Manager
Resource Monitor
Process Explorer (you may need to download that via Microsoft's website).
Reliability History/Monitor.
Event Viewer

If Reliability History did not reveal any issues then try the other tools.
Thanks, Sorry for the late reply I've been sick and away those last days. I ever tried to check the ressources monitor before, performances graphs and everything I don't even have a peak when I have my freezes.

Maybe this can help you to find an answer : I wear a watch at my wrist and every time I have the freezes they will be at XX:XX:42 seconds. No matter the day or the hour IT WILL ALWAYS FREEZE AT 42 SECONDS !!! I don't know what to do I'm maybe expecting something about the internal clock in my computer or anything. I don't know ....

Ralston18

Titan
You may not necessarily see a "peak".

What you are looking for is anything that precedes or corresponds with the time of the freezes.

Task Manager, Resource Monitor, or Process Explorer. You may need to download Process Explorer via Microsoft's website.

Work with each tool but only one tool at a time. Leave the tool's window open and drag to one side or the other so you can watch while the computer is "idle" , while you do light work/browsing, and lastly while gaming.

If "42" is repetitious then the freezes are actually one minute apart. However, it is markedly different than if the freezes independently start at the 42 second mark and continue doing so independent of when the computer was physically booted up.

Versus, for example, of starting at 22 and repeating every minute at the 22 second mark.

That one minute time could be resulting from some buggy or corrupt software trying to update, backup, or just generally phoning home.

It could also be some power saving setting that is kicking in every minute for some reason. Check any such settings that you have configured.

Take a look at the Date & Time configuration on your computer:

"WIN" + "I" > Time & Language > Date & time. Check.

Oct 10, 2019
You may not necessarily see a "peak".

What you are looking for is anything that precedes or corresponds with the time of the freezes.

Task Manager, Resource Monitor, or Process Explorer. You may need to download Process Explorer via Microsoft's website.

Work with each tool but only one tool at a time. Leave the tool's window open and drag to one side or the other so you can watch while the computer is "idle" , while you do light work/browsing, and lastly while gaming.

If "42" is repetitious then the freezes are actually one minute apart. However, it is markedly different than if the freezes independently start at the 42 second mark and continue doing so independent of when the computer was physically booted up.

Versus, for example, of starting at 22 and repeating every minute at the 22 second mark.

That one minute time could be resulting from some buggy or corrupt software trying to update, backup, or just generally phoning home.

It could also be some power saving setting that is kicking in every minute for some reason. Check any such settings that you have configured.

Take a look at the Date & Time configuration on your computer:

"WIN" + "I" > Time & Language > Date & time. Check.
I have downloaded the software you were talking to me.
About the powering issues it cannot comes from here because I moved to another flat and this was happenning before as well. I don't what you want me to check in this software. I'd like to do a clean install of windows but I'm affraid of loosing all my softwares. I also have checked the date & time settings but there isn't a lot to do on it. I unticked the auto sets but still the same issue also happening while typing here ... I'm lost

And obviously i'm not starting my computer at the 42th second of my watch everyday ;)
The 42th second on my watch is the XX:XX:01st second on my pc
I've restarted the power settings plan and just edit the min and max use of the cpu (you have to do this for Ryzen) but even withtout it enabled it will happen.

So here, every black circle you see are the "peaks" I have at the first and second seconds on my computer or the 42th on my watch (this is the cpu graph from Process Explorer) :
1574089939-capture.png

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
With the peaks being 1 minute apart and the power supply not meeting the minimum system requirements (per @Calvin7) then the PSU is certainly suspect.

Why the peaks are occurring at 1 minute intervals per se - that will take more delving into the system/PSU and additional research.

Are you able to borrow a higher wattage PSU to install and try?

Oct 10, 2019
With the peaks being 1 minute apart and the power supply not meeting the minimum system requirements (per @Calvin7) then the PSU is certainly suspect.

Why the peaks are occurring at 1 minute intervals per se - that will take more delving into the system/PSU and additional research.

Are you able to borrow a higher wattage PSU to install and try?
I'm not yet but I might buy one ... tbh I had those freezes with a GTX960 that is very cheap GPU nowadays so ... What do you think ? (I wrote it in the description)

Oct 10, 2019
Power supply does not meet published minimum system requirements to run EVGA RTX 2080 TI.

No link to memory or memory part number listed by OP.
DDR4 PC4-24000 - F4-3000C16D-32GISB
Here is the ref, sorry my English is a bit bad. Can you go further or be easier with your explanations ?