Having issue with burning the disc.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
Hello everyone,
So i am trying to burn an audio cd, but after burning is complete successfully the tray comes out. When i put the disc in again it shows the empty disc and when i try it burns again but still shows empty.
I try to write the disc as a data disc but still get the same issue. 3rd time i checked the verify data option and after the burning is done and the verification begins it gives me an error "the request couldn't be performed because of an I/O device error.
I also tried burning the dvd-r but still same issue.
I checked the retail dics(movies,audio) and also checked my previously burned disc and all of them working fine.
The writing part is not working.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
No, getting same error on different ports with other two sata cables as well.
Can there be a compatibility issue with the sata cable and motherboard? The thing is i am using the sata cables from my quad core q6600 ddr3 system to my i7 6700k ddr4 system.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
Didnt work with the cd burner xp.
It was working fine last time i used it. I just installed a new hdd a couple of months ago and didnt had the extra sata so i used the one connected with the writer. Now today i wanted to burn an audio cd so i took out the sata cables from my old system which i am not using and attached to the board and the rom. I even attached the sata on the same sata slot where the rom was connected originally.

Yes i am using cdr not the cdrw

The error Cd burner xp gave me was this " the burning process has been completed, but the verification of the burned data failed. The data on the disc might be unusable."

I confused, the readable part of the burner is working fine, if there was a driver or cable issue wouldn't i be having the issue with the reading as well and i tried on 7 different discs (dvd-r/cd-r both) so the issue is not with the discs either.