Question Having issue with new motherboard, hopefully the right place.

Jan 10, 2020
Specs

CPU I3 9100
Mobo Gigabyte H310M H
GPU Nvidia 1050 TI
RAM AGUS G.skill 8 Gb x2

Recently a friend bought a H310M H Motherboard and a I3 9100F to run as its CPU, since he's installed it there are various issues we've been having. First off the computer and starts normally, though it wont display anything through the HDMI cord.

We thought it could be because he didn't have the disk drive to read the operating disk that came with it. He went out and bought one. Seems to start up normally but it acts as if it cannot read the disk from the reader.

So basically we cannot figure out why it will start, light up and run all the fans but wont display anything. No beeps are happening, any idea of what could be going on would be helpful. Or if we did something wrong?

Not sure, hope someone can help.

Jan 10, 2020
That motherboard support the I3 9100F but the BIOS needs to be at the F12 version. Is his BIOS at this version? If not it's gonna need a BIOS update.

Did you plug the CPU power connector on the motherboard?

What is the PSU you're using? brand and model.

Not sure if its at that version how would we be able to tell?

I think we've plugged the CPU power connector to the motherboard. Everything is plugged in.

Says the power supply says

xinbaihui

XBH-C13?

Believe it or not it doesn't actually have one of those on it, it's an Ibuypower wa563gt2? I'll try to figure out what psu it uses. Ty for the help so far.

It's probably on the side that is hidden on the motherboard side. I never saw a PSU without one of those. Even the 20 dollars cheap PSU has one. I can be wrong of course. There are probably PSU out there without one but never saw one ;P

Jan 10, 2020
It's probably on the side that is hidden on the motherboard side. I never saw a PSU without one of those. Even the 20 dollars cheap PSU has one. I can be wrong of course. There are probably PSU out there without one but never saw one ;P

You are 100% correct. Had to pull up some of the computer's housing to find this POS

View: https://imgur.com/RPWrTJv

That's what the PSU says?

Jan 10, 2020

You helped me get my answer. I had him read part of the manual and it says in the book that he needs over 500W. Thank you!

You helped me get my answer. I had him read part of the manual and it says in the book that he needs over 500W. Thank you!

the PSU is only one of the possible cause of this problem tho. This is not a 100% guarantee this will fix the problem.

Do you want to keep troubleshooting to see if this isn't your PSU. I just asked your PSU to be sure you had one that was ok for that system. Even if the PSU you have right now is a low quality PSU it still should be enough for your system. Unless it's dead or malfunctioning.

Your CPU has an integrated graphics. You should remove the GPU and plug your monitor to the motherboard graphics port and see if your system display anything.

Remove one stick of ram and see if it works.

Reactions: Hopefulcrow

TRENDING THREADS