[SOLVED] Having Issues Booting into Windows

Nov 22, 2019
Hi guys - so for the past 1.5 years my computer has been on and off having the same issue - it'll either take ages to boot (like 25 minutes) or it won't boot at all and have to be repaired in some way.

In this time these are the things that I've done to try and resolve the issue - with none of them seeming to help:
  • Replaced motherboard
  • Replaced CPU
  • Replaced boot SSD with M.2
  • Multiple fresh installs/repairs of Windows 10
Again, none of these have helped at all and I still get the problem frequently. Any ideas of what could be causing this? The only things I haven't replaced are my RAM (testing shows no issues), GPU (not sure how it could cause this) and some other accesories like a wifi card, case fans, CD drive, etc. so I don't have much else I could do.

Solution
I would disconnect all the un-needed accessories and try it.
If you have internal graphics I would also try it without the GPU.
If it still did it.
I'd be suspecting the PSU.
I don't think bad RAM is going to "delay" a boot for 25 minutes.....but a bad PSU might.
You already eliminated the motherboard and the drive pretty much.
Also, I hope you did a clean Windows install with the new motherboard.....if not....I would do a clean install.
If it still did it.
I don't think bad RAM is going to "delay" a boot for 25 minutes.....but a bad PSU might.
Also, I hope you did a clean Windows install with the new motherboard.....if not....I would do a clean install.

Solution
Nov 22, 2019
If it still did it.
That the PSU could be an issue never even crossed my mind! Mine is 4 years old from my college days, so that honestly might be the best bet as I've tested everything else already (save for buying new ram - but I tested all 4 sticks individually - also already reinstalled windows).

I'll pick up another PSU soon and report back as that seems to be the likely culprit now after reading into similar issues around the web.

TRENDING THREADS