Question Having issues installing windows 10 on Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
Ive had this "build" if you can even consider it a built and for years now and whenever ive tried to format it and put windows 10 on it it never worked.This year I wanted to try again like I always do when I format it but again,its not working.I can only put windows 7 on it.The issues im having?Well,the first issue is that when I install windows the installation progress gets stuck (the most common issue)and IF i desperatly manage to install windows they just dont work.The pc freezes,its laggy it just doesnt work.I really dont understand whats going on here.And yeah to be honest,this motherboard isnt listed as a Windows 10-compatible one on the official gigabyte website,but I saw a thread about exactly the same motherboard on this forum and the guy managed to install windows 10 perfectly fine and they work great for him.

Heres my build by the way (its pretty bad):
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 (rev. 2.0)
Cpu:Intel i3 2120
Ram:6gb DDR3 1333hz
Gpu:Nvidia Geforce GT240
Storage:ADATA 250gb SSD and a Seagate 250gb HDD

Lutfij

Titan
You should be able to get onto Windows 10. I'm now wondering where you sourced your installers for Windows 10 to begin with...? First, make sure you're on the latest BISO update for your motherboard. Next, make sure you've created your installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.

How do you have 6GB's of ram on your platform, across those 4 ram slots? They are not running in dual channel mode, mind you. You will need two identical sticks of ram to enable dual channel mode for rams and essentially improve your system performance.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Steliosem06

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
You should be able to get onto Windows 10. I'm now wondering where you sourced your installers for Windows 10 to begin with...? First, make sure you're on the latest BISO update for your motherboard. Next, make sure you've created your installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.

How do you have 6GB's of ram on your platform, across those 4 ram slots? They are not running in dual channel mode, mind you. You will need two identical sticks of ram to enable dual channel mode for rams and essentially improve your system performance.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Yeah its kind of weird how my ram works.But I have a 4gb Kingstong value ram and a 2gb Kingston Hyper X ram.And my computer uses all the 6gb somehow.When I was installing them I thought it would only use the 4gb but I guess it doesnt.My psu is really bad.Its a startronic 140w.But it never caused me any issues since i dont have any dvd drives and my gpu doesnt need any extra power.(And it didnt cause me any issues before i formatted my pc and used windows 7 so why would it cause an issue now?)And i got my windows 10 from the media creation tool.Also about the bios update...I tried updating it today and I had a lot of issues.Since I had formated the hdd that had my windows 7 i couldnt update my bios with an exe file through windows.So I tried doing it through the bios and I think it showed me an error about the bios id missing.So what i did was make a bootable usb stick with dos(yes dos,from 2006 lol)and I managed to run the exe file and do it like that,But im not sure if the bios actually updated.Cause my bios doesnt show what version it is on.