[SOLVED] Having Issues with 2 NVMe SSDs

Oct 13, 2020
I have a b550 aorus elite with two NVMe SSDs but one of them is giving trouble, every time i cold start my PC i have to untinstall my 1Tb drive, install it back in, and then turn it on again, if not, my 1Tb drive shows as a 1Gb drive i can only start as a GPT or else I can only use 1 gb. I have swapped slots and even changed the drive, the drive has data inside, no virus, Its configured in a simple volume as a dynamic drive.
I want to know if anyone knows if there is a way to make it load correctly without having to uninstall it every time
Both NVMe are Sabrent, 256Gb and 1Tb, the 1Tb one is giving trouble, the other one is for OS and works perfectly.
My PSu is 750W so power is no issue. Thanks

Solution
I have already tryed 2 diferent drives, both same size and configuration
I am trying to understand if the problem is with the SSD or the M.2 socket on the motherboard. The M.2 sockets on your motherboard have 2 different controllers. The first M.2 socket is controlled by the CPU, the second socket is controlled by the B550 chipset. If you switch the 2nd SSD to the first M.2 socket do you still have the same problem?
Have you installed the Sabrent SSD Toolbox software to check the health of your SSD?

9333_11_sabrent-rocket-nvme-4tb-pcie-gen3-x4-2-ssd-review_full.png

I have already tryed 2 diferent drives, both same size and configuration
I am trying to understand if the problem is with the SSD or the M.2 socket on the motherboard. The M.2 sockets on your motherboard have 2 different controllers. The first M.2 socket is controlled by the CPU, the second socket is controlled by the B550 chipset. If you switch the 2nd SSD to the first M.2 socket do you still have the same problem?

Solution