Question Having issues with 2200g IGPU Raven Ridge on Windows 10, Ubuntu has GPU working OOTB

Aug 8, 2021
I have spent the past 4 days trying to figure out what's going wrong with my IGPU on a Ryzen 2200g build.

Im using it with an MSI B450M-A Pro Max mobo and 16gb of corsair vengeance ddr4 ram (single stick)

I've been able to install windows 10 everything works great except for the inboard graphics. On clean install I have the Microsoft generic display adapter which at least gives me output. But once I install the amd graphics drivers it all falls apart.

Over vga I get static almost like white noise, over hdmi I get a split second glich and hangs on the windows boot up screen (black with white spinner)
Ony way to get in is either via safe mode or by disabling the graphics driver in safe mode.

I have attempted an assortment of legacy drivers to no luck, followed any guides on forums that I could dig up, tried manually installing the drivers from the extracted AMD folder. Still nothing.

I thought I may have a faulty piece of hardware yet on ubunto, the graphics work perfectly OOTB on a clean install. Has anyone had a similar situation or know anything that could help get the graphics drivers working on Windows 10?

I have also reseated the ram taken apart the built to individual parts and reassembled, I've updatedntobtheblatest bios, enabled UEFI only, switched the graphics to IGP in click bios...

Im absolutely stumped.... Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Out of curiosity, where did you source the installer for the OS and how did you fabricate it? For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on currently? What is the make and model of your PSU and which slot is the stick of ram populating on your motherboard? Mind sharing which version of AMD's driver you've tried and experienced the issue? DDU might be worth trying out but please keep in mind to reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 8, 2021
Hi Lutfi, apologies for the language in my initial post, I has copied from my reddit post and really should have proof read it prior to me posting, wont happen again.

With regards to the sourcing of the OS, its direct from the microsoft website a few days ago and prepared with the usb installer creator by microsoft also.

Ubunuto sourced from their official site LTS version and usb created with rufus

The ram stick is in slot one of the mobo
my PSU is a ACE ATX switching power supply 550W model a-550BR

Between each install of the drivers I have removed with DDU in safe mode.

The install versions I have worked with have been 18.1.1, 18.5.1, 18.5.2, as well as the three latest releases.

Like i say, in ubuntu the clean install picks it up immediately and allows full use of the graphics. Windows however i am having no luck whatsoever.