Question Having issues with case fans, theyre not working

Jun 10, 2019
I have a MSI b450 gaming pro carbon and a rotanium temper-tg302 RGB case which comes with 4 pre-installed fans. These fans are 5 pins. The case also comes with a controller which has 8 slots for 5 pins, a few slots for 2 pins, im not sure what goes there and a sata cable which also has a part that connects to a wire that connects to the motherboard. I initially had the 4 fans connected to the controller and then had the sata connected to a another sata cable which was connected to my HDD. The RGB worked ( it has a small remote with rgb buttons) but the fans were running at 100% and they wouldnt show up on my motherboard BIOS. It would says 0rpm for the system fans. Now i connected it through a SATA cable and to the motherboard, tried system_fan 1 2 3 and 4. Fans spin again at 100% but no information on bios. And now the RGB isnt working. Tried doing it just through motherboard but this time nothing spins and no RGB. Tried connecting it to the PSU sata cable and motherboard, no RGB but 100% spinning and no information on BIOS.
Can anyone please help me

You should have a connection to SATA power to provide power to the fan hub/controller.
You should also have a connection from the hub/controller to the motherboard.
One of the fan connectors should have some sort of difference from all of the others. (White connector housing, or a speedometer-looking legend next to it.) This indicates the fan from which speed information will be received and passed-on to the motherboard. This connector must have a fan connected to it.

Other than that, I really can't tell much from your description, without a very clear and large photo of the legend on the bottom of the hub/controller--which probably tells you the exact method of hooking up the device.

Jun 10, 2019
You should have a connection to SATA power to provide power to the fan hub/controller.
You should also have a connection from the hub/controller to the motherboard.
One of the fan connectors should have some sort of difference from all of the others. (White connector housing, or a speedometer-looking legend next to it.) This indicates the fan from which speed information will be received and passed-on to the motherboard. This connector must have a fan connected to it.

Other than that, I really can't tell much from your description, without a very clear and large photo of the legend on the bottom of the hub/controller--which probably tells you the exact method of hooking up the device.
Yeah i have a connection to a sata power. I also have a connection from the hub to the motherboard. This is where im a little confused. By fan connecter that should have difference, do you mean on the actual fan wires or on the hub? Extra info. ive connected the hub to the motherboard with a pwm cable which is 3 pin. I will post a better photo for you in a few hours.