[SOLVED] Having issues with computer freezing no BSOD.

Oct 15, 2019
So, I've had this PC for about a year and a half no issues till about a month or so ago. I get random freezes with no BSOD. I've tested RAM with the windows RAM diagnostic tool(on extended testing) with zero issues.

I've updated bios and got all my drivers up to date. All my windows updates are uptodate as well. The problem doesn't happen a lot can happen once maybe twice a day or can go as long as 5 days without issues randomly.

PC Boots like normal after every freeze although, it freezes during anything. Being Idle, in a game, surfing the web, etc.

I've left the computer on to go shower and come back to it frozen up before I've changed the slots my RAM are in and still have the problem. I've done multiple CPU, GPU, stress tests with no freezes and go whole days of gaming with zero problems.

I would assume it's the PSU but it freezes on idle with little to no power being used. I've even done Userbenchmarks to see if my specs have declined in comparison to people who run the same things and all of my specs preform very well according to user bench mark.

I tried cleaning registry but that was also no help. I'm completely lost.

My Specs are
CPU: I5-8600k
GPU: GTX 1080
MB: Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz
SSD: Samsung 500GB Evo
PSU: EVGA 700w Bronze 80 Plus
Windows 10.

I've ran Avast/Malwarebytes/CCleaner etc to test for any virus's.

Solution
Honestly, it could also be RAM or even the CPU or Motherboard. PSU is obviously the least expensive item to replace depending on what you want. It would help if I knew the exact model because EVGA PSU's go from complete crap to high end and without the model name and age I couldn't say for sure if its worth looking into further.
Oct 15, 2019
What is the exact model of PSU you own?
I'd have to check tomorrow I was out all today and about to head to sleep.

Do you think it could be a potential PSU problem? It happens so randomly when at low load and high load that it's so hard to tell. Can PSU's just give out randomly if they are starting to go faulty?

Honestly, it could also be RAM or even the CPU or Motherboard. PSU is obviously the least expensive item to replace depending on what you want. It would help if I knew the exact model because EVGA PSU's go from complete crap to high end and without the model name and age I couldn't say for sure if its worth looking into further.

Solution