Question Having issues with i-Ball Nirantar UPS

shadythgodaman

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
I own the i-Ball Nirantar UPS, and have been using it for my PC for about a year or maybe a bit more. For some reason, all of a sudden, the battery backup seemed to stop working. Meaning, that whenever the main power went off, the UPS would turn off as well, even though it is supposed to run for at least 5 minutes so I can shut down my PC properly.

Is there any reason why this might be happening? Also, do you know of a way to fix this? I did try disconnecting my PC and then charging the UPS for an hour or so, but that didn't seem to fix it because I didn't even a minute of battery backup, it just shut down directly.

Well, if you want the honest truth, this is exactly what you get when you buy cheap garbage products like those sold by i-Ball. Their cases, power supplies and UPS systems are pretty much all low quality crap. I generally tell anybody with an i-Ball UPS or power supply to immediately get rid of it or return it when possible, and get something that has been designed with some actual quality and durability in mind. Most probably that unit comes with the cheapest of components including batteries, and the fact of poor quality batteries makes that not only a risk in the fact that it's unlikely to do what you bought it to do, for obvious reasons, but it's also likely a serious fire hazard just being in your home.

shadythgodaman

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
Well, if you want the honest truth, this is exactly what you get when you buy cheap garbage products like those sold by i-Ball.....

Could you recommend a good UPS of that power that I should buy? The current one I have has 360 Watts of wattage, so please recommend something of that power. Also, how should I get rid of this one?

Honestly, you're not going to find a good UPS in that price range with a high enough capacity to keep anything other than a very minimal type system running after a power loss.

What are your hardware specifications and what is this system mainly used for?

shadythgodaman

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
What are your hardware specifications and what is this system mainly used for?
The system is my main home PC. It is a very low-end machine

Specfications:
  • Intel i3-6098P Processor
  • 8GB RAM
  • Nvidia GT610 Graphic Card
  • 512GB HDD
  • 128GB SSD
The machine only has a 200W power supply, so I don't think it needs a lot of power.

So, I think I'd check into the warranty for the one you have now, if it may still be under warranty. A decent UPS is going to cost you more like about 5000inr, so if you can get the one you have now replaced that would be a much better way to go. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you but all the units in that price range of 2000inr seem to be pretty sketchy to me.

TRENDING THREADS