Having issues with my cables

Alchemeister

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
I was going to go with a 650 PSU but at the last second I decided to switch to 750. This is my first time putting together a pc and I'm having some issues with hooking up the CPU cables. Is this a compatibility issue or do I just have no idea what I'm doing?

Motherboard
PSU

I'd really appreciate some help with this. I have (2) 4+4 2x2 pin CPU cables and I'm pretty sure I need just a 1x4 pin to connect anywhere into my motherboard. I don't know what the cables are called (haha) hopefully I've explained it well enough to get an answer.

Solution
the two 2x2 cables connect together to forma a 2x4 cable for cpu (EPS) power.
There is what is called a 20+4 pin connecter. a 2x10 and a 2x2, which also connect together to form the 24pin cable and you cant miss where that one goes.
Then you have a 2x3+ a 1x2 that may be combined to form a 2x8 pcei/gpu power connector. this is refered to as the 6 or 8 pin gpu power. You should have 2 of these connectors and will have to mate them in whatever configuration your graphics card needs. This could be : none, one 6 pin, two 6 pin, one 6 pin plus one 8pin, or two 8pin.

popatim

Titan
the two 2x2 cables connect together to forma a 2x4 cable for cpu (EPS) power.
There is what is called a 20+4 pin connecter. a 2x10 and a 2x2, which also connect together to form the 24pin cable and you cant miss where that one goes.
Then you have a 2x3+ a 1x2 that may be combined to form a 2x8 pcei/gpu power connector. this is refered to as the 6 or 8 pin gpu power. You should have 2 of these connectors and will have to mate them in whatever configuration your graphics card needs. This could be : none, one 6 pin, two 6 pin, one 6 pin plus one 8pin, or two 8pin.

Solution