Question Having issues with my computer on boot up. (ryzen 2400x, Nvidia Evga 2070 xc)

Oct 17, 2019
I've been having issues with my computer on boot on occasion. This does not occur if computer is off for an hour or two but if I turn my computer off over the night this happens. When it first boots the VGA light on my MSI tomahawk b450 motherboard is lit. There is also no video display on my monitor. So then I preceded to turn off and reboot the pc the video display is back but it runs really slow. Checking the performance tells me my CPU is running at 0.54ghz and no higher. On further reboot, the PC operates normally. This has only started happening this last week and has been running fine for months. Any insight into this situation and or a possible solution for it?

My full build is:
Cpu: Ryzen 2400x 6-core 3.6ghz
GPU: EVGA Nvidia 2070 xc
Motherboard: MSI tomahawk b450
PSU:(Not home so im not sure) Antec truepower new 750w
Ram: g.skill Ballistix sport 2 x 8gb
Chassis: Thermaltake V200 RGB
SSd: Samsung evo 500gb , Critical 256 gb
hhd: 1tb blue western digital

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019
Make sure there is not something causing your CPU fan not to spin. That slow clock speed makes me wonder if maybe you are overheating, and it is underclocking, to save itself.
I have checked and the fan is running as it was before. and it runs at its normal speed with no temperature issue after the final restart.