• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Having issues with my PC crashing/freezing/rebooting

MonkeyPunk

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
MSI GTX 1060 6gb OCV1
ASUS B450-I ROG STRIX
Trident Z 16GB Ram OC'd to 3166
EVGA GQ 650W Gold
SK Hynix 1TB SSD
WD Velociraptor 1TB 10,000rpm HDD

Windows 10 Pro

I've upgraded to a new CPU and Motherboard and carried over my storage drives over and did a fresh reinstall with the keep my files option. The problems started showing up. Keep getting Event ID 10016, freezing/rebooting when playing games like Warzone. The game itself just crashes. I decided to do a complete clean and fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. I download all my drivers, games, do my windows updates. I troubleshot the Event ID 10016, and I ended up disabling it (I still get them in the Event Viewer). My games crash/freeze or my pc entirely freezes up or reboots. Some occasional BSODs

Stopcodes:
  1. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
  2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: rtwlane.sys)
If you would like I can provide a copy of my Event Viewer.

Now my most recent problem is my HID Compliant Headset. It is saying there is an issue with it and I tried, updating the drivers, but nothing, its up to date. I unistalled and just tried playing with. Worked for a little bit then bam, back to square one. I tried disabling it. Again, not improvements. I tried uninstalling my headset from the setting's devices and reinstalling. No improvements.

I am at my wits end trying to trouble shoot and just annoyed at Windows 10 and Microsoft for allowing such a major issue to occur. If someone could please suggest something or help me with my issue. I'll be down to jump on discord call and stream my pc to show you what my Event Viewer says.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS