Having issues with overheat in my GA-990FXA-UD5

stafos_1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Hello in the past week I am having an issue with my motherboard GA-990FXA-UD5, it is getting very hot to the point that is shutthing down, If I touch the heatsink in the left of the procesor is very hot but is the only part that is hot, I think there are the capasitors. I really dont know a lot of motherboards.

I already change the thermal paste and I have the case open, I already use another processor, the temperatures that shows, HWMonitor are insane here it is a picture.

The highst temerature is only 1 second it is normally showing between 29 to 37 playing any game.

This problem start 1 week ago, I normally clean my PC every 3-5 months, and the only cahnage I did was a new GPU Asus gtx 1070, but that was 3 months ago.

This are mi specs.

Procesor: AMD Fx 8150 3.60
Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD5
GPU: Asus GTX 1070
Water cooling : H100iv2
SSD: 1
Hard drive: 2 Sata3
Ram; 2 kingstone Hyperx 8GB each one with 1600 Frequency
Power Supply: Cooler MAster M2 Silient Pro 620W

I think is an issue in the Motherboard but I really dont have any way to use another to see if that is the problem.

From the HWMonitor reading, the cpu temp from 0C to 225C. You are better to update the chipset driver first, then read them again, because if the MB does not have the newer one, the heat sensor may not work well.
AMD chipset https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Also may boot into the BIOS, in hardware monitor section ( or PC health monitor) to check the temp too, the software may not read the temps correctly sometime.

Keep in mind the fx8150 did bottneck the gtx1070, so the cpu will try work very hard to catch up the gtx1070. And you said you got it for about 3 month, I don't know you used the DDU to uninstall the old GPU driver first, then reinstall the gtx1070 driver in this way or not. May try it out, if you did not, because the driver may cause the problem like this too sometime.
DDU http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

The area you talk about, which is the MB VRMs section, it is very hot, some good MB vrm is rated to (maybe) around 100c, like the one you had. But for all fx cpu, the safe CPU temperatures are 60C and below. If the VRMs section overheat nothing you can do, except add the small fan on it, like this in the picture http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=135114&d=1384710155

One more thing for the CM M2 Silient Pro 620W, becuase I am not familiar with, and I can't find the review either. Recommend to try other GPU if you still had other one or the old GPU. Just make sure it still works fine or not.

stafos_1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

stafos_1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Thank you for you responce I did what you suggest but I still have the same issue, so isnt a driver problem, and i know that the cpu make bottneck, but I review this with another processor a AMD +3 8370 but i had the same issue

stafos_1

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Can it be the voltage regulator , I always had my Pc, the 2 monitors and a laptop conected to the
voltage regulator , right know I have only the pc and 1 monitor and appear that isnt shutting down. Maybe it isnt working correctly, or is to much i the new card for this voltage regulator ?