[SOLVED] Having issues with Port Forwarding

theNarutardd

Honorable
May 14, 2016
I've been trying to get my NAT type set to open for a little while. I've checked couple guides on youtube but even though I've added ports (for cod: warzone) it appears my NAT type is still moderate. I use a wi-fi connection, my router is a google wi-fi, I've been adding ports via the application I have on my mobile phone.
This is my first time posting on this forums, if I'm posting in a wrong format, apologies.

Solution
Most people play cod on dedicated servers so you should not need any port forwarding. Even then you only need port forwarding when you host games...ie you are the server. There are a lot of people who do not have a public IP address and games would not be designed to prevent them from playing. When you don't have a public IP address you can't forward even if you wanted to.

If the game functions for you then you do not need port forwarding. When you get a game that requires port forwarding it does not work at all if you have it not setup correctly . Too many people think it will improve the performance but this is not true. It is on or off so it works or it does not.

Likely the only way to get your machine in OPEN is...
Most people play cod on dedicated servers so you should not need any port forwarding. Even then you only need port forwarding when you host games...ie you are the server. There are a lot of people who do not have a public IP address and games would not be designed to prevent them from playing. When you don't have a public IP address you can't forward even if you wanted to.

If the game functions for you then you do not need port forwarding. When you get a game that requires port forwarding it does not work at all if you have it not setup correctly . Too many people think it will improve the performance but this is not true. It is on or off so it works or it does not.

Likely the only way to get your machine in OPEN is to use the DMZ option instead of port forwarding. This is kinda risky because you are now also open to attack from hackers on the internet because all ports will get forwarded to your machine.

Solution