Question Having micro stutters and short frame freezes when playing games

May 4, 2023
Recently I've been having issues with micro stuttering such as delayed response when opening something, mouse not moving for a few seconds or video freezes for a second or so. When I open a game, RDR2 for example, at first it works fine but after 15-30 minutes the frame freezes for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. The longer I play the more frequently it happens, sometimes it's only for a millisecond and sometimes it's for 2-3 seconds. This didn't start happening after an update since the last updates were 1-2 weeks before the issues. It's not my RAM since I upgraded it recently and I checked some of the components and they're working properly. The only things that could cause this is my CPU and GPU and I'm using Windows 10. Any advice on what I should do?

My specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-core processor
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super
RAM: 16 GB

Last edited:
First provide your PC specs, and more details for troubleshooting.

Complete system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec list tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information. No need to provide each and every detail though, only relevant to your issue at hand. This is just for reference:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software