Having Microphone issues

Dzel95

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Not sure if im writing this in the right place but here we go. Essentially the problem is when im playing games on my pc i like to plug in headphones (regular 20 dollar earbuds actually the ones with the mic attatched) this allows me to hear the games better because most of my gaming is done late at night when the wife is asleep, and also allow me to talk to my cousin who i usually play with but one issue i seem to be having is that every sound my pc makes comes through the earbuds and anyone i play with can hear everything im doing. Natuarally this is more of an annoyance for my friends than it is me but nonetheless ive been trying to fix it and cant seem to figure out how. Even the 15 google searches ive done seems to yield no results. For more info on what im using

Im using earbuds with a mic plug that into an xbox 1 controller. The 3.5mm jack.
That xbox controller is plugged into a usb port in the back of my pc. The reason i do this is because the actual 3.5mm jack on the back of my pc is in a location that makes it difficult for my earbuds to reach my ear.

Sorry for the long question just trying to explain the situation best

Dzel95

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
tried that. ive set my mic to listen mode for testing and i can still hear my game noises throughmy headset. which is especially strange considering all my pc noise is coming through the headphones

Latest posts