Question Having Permission problems with my SSD

Apr 27, 2019
Hello everyone, im currently having problems with my SSD and it not giving me sufficient permissions with anything that is related to the SSD.
I know that it is my SSD as i am only having problems with it and not my HDD.
-Games settings wont save when they are on my SSD when i restart the game all the setting will be reverted back to default. Some games wont even open at all.
-Unreal engine 4 wont let me save my project and instead i get this (ill include a screenshot down below.
-AVG tuneup tells me i have an error with my SSD and i click fix now and it restarts my PC and then AVG says its fixed so i scan again and it says i have the same error. << Did this 4 times... (screenshot of error will be down below)
-Im also having problems tryna update windows i get this error (screenshot below)
---------------------------
Things ive tried doing but no results:
-Restarting my PC multiple times
-Using malwarebytes and other stuff to see if i have a virus.
-Checking that i have permissions on all accounts in the security tab of properties for the SSD and i get errors for most of the main folder like document, settings, recycle bin etc, saying (Screenshot below).
-Turning off windows defender to see if that worked, but nope.
-Checking that im administrator, which i am.
---------------------------
View: https://imgur.com/a/nyEmlQu

View: https://imgur.com/en8YbuI
<< windows update error

Last edited:
Honestly sounds like something messed up the permissions.

If you go to the security tab for your user folder, and then go to Advanced and check the ownership it should say your name. If not, change the owner to your name, tell it to apply to all sub folders, and try again.

Also is your user an administrator?

And it doesn't like like an SSD issue but more of a Windows Permissions issue.

Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the replies guys! As @USAFRet stated i might just do a fresh wipe of windows because most of my stuff thats important is on my external HDD anyway so it wont be too much of an issue, i'll just have to reinstall programs which is fine.

Also thanks for the idea @AllanGH ill be sure to do that after i reinstall.

And thanks for the try @drtweak but unfortunately i did everything you said and im still having the issues.

Thanks for your time guys.