having problem booting my second hard disk

Husky hunter

Reputable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi I am having problem booting my second hard disk when I boot my PC it get stuck on black screen that comes after motherboard splash screen when I boot from my first hard disk it get stuck on windows 7 logo when I only plug my second hard disk it get stuck on black screen that comes after motherboard splash screen I also tried to install windows from my CD it get stuck on booting CD help. Quickly:(

Solution
Ok, great. Have you tried just connecting the drive as a secondary to another computer to confirm if it's working? Perhaps it's just a corrupted OS that's needs startup repair.

Hitachi drives can sometimes have issues with G-list corruption where they will identify but can't actually read any sectors. So it's possible that it won't be at all accessible.

JaredDM

Honorable
Perhaps I'm not quite understanding. Are you actually trying to boot from the secondary drive, or just that whenever the drive is connected the computer fails to boot?

If it's the latter, then I'd say you have a hardware issue with the drive causing it to be stuck in a BSY state. The system can't read it's hardware ID, so it'll hang and eventually crash. Hopefully you didn't have any critical data on there, or you'll likely need professional recovery.

JaredDM

Honorable
Hi Husky,

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what you're saying. Saying things like "it picks up in boot menu" is overly vague and doesn't really describe anything to me. Here's some questions and when you can answer them in complete explanations, perhaps I can help:

1. Is the drive seen in BIOS?
2. If so does it show correct model number and correct capacity(size)?
3. What model is the HDD?
4. Are you trying to boot from the drive, or is it just an auxiliary drive?
5. Does the system boot fine with the drive disconnected?
6. Are there any strange sounds coming from the HDD such as clicking?
7. Can you tell if the drive is even spinning?

Without any actual details, you're not going to get any help.

JaredDM

Honorable
Ok, great. Have you tried just connecting the drive as a secondary to another computer to confirm if it's working? Perhaps it's just a corrupted OS that's needs startup repair.

Hitachi drives can sometimes have issues with G-list corruption where they will identify but can't actually read any sectors. So it's possible that it won't be at all accessible.

Solution

Husky hunter

Reputable
Feb 22, 2016

Hi JaredDM
I tried in different pc didnt work same thing is happening can i fix that issue somehow?