Having problems installing windows 10 onto my ssd

Waynelee1000

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
I'm trying to install windows 10 on to my ssd but it won't let me format it. For reason it only lets me format the ssd when I set the BIOS to ide. Towards the end of the installing process for the ssd it can't read the installed Windows 10. Please help me, I am desperate.

Update: I finally able to format and install by secure erasing the ssd but now it's stuck on no bootable disk press any key to restart

Solution
I know this is three year late, but hopefully it will help someone that had the same issue as yourself. Very frequently and usually undetected by the mass majority, the cmos battery remembers small errors and continues to cause you grief. My advice would be to power down your device, remove cmos battery and hold the power button down long enough to remove any remaining power in capacitors and system. Plug only the keyboard harddrive and device you are installing os from into your computer. Then restart and select boot device from the bios option ( key depends on your motherboard manufacturer). It should bring up the boot selection list at this point. If not, you will have to reconfigure your bios settings. Hope it helps!!
Hi,

Have you tried changing from IDE mode to AHCI mode after you've installed Windows 10? If this will not work I would suggest checking back in BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot device then see if it will boot up into Windows. If all these will not work, again make sure that BIOS is set to AHCI then reinstall Windows 10. Just create a new bootable Windows 10 and install it.

Waynelee1000

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
I installed it as an IDE and AHCI before and it didn't work. I keep getting the message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in boot device and press a key".

Also the ssd is a Kingston SSDNow V series 240gb

Colif

Win 11 Master
I know this is three year late, but hopefully it will help someone that had the same issue as yourself. Very frequently and usually undetected by the mass majority, the cmos battery remembers small errors and continues to cause you grief. My advice would be to power down your device, remove cmos battery and hold the power button down long enough to remove any remaining power in capacitors and system. Plug only the keyboard harddrive and device you are installing os from into your computer. Then restart and select boot device from the bios option ( key depends on your motherboard manufacturer). It should bring up the boot selection list at this point. If not, you will have to reconfigure your bios settings. Hope it helps!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/362182-31-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-error

Solution