• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Having problems with error kernel power 41 in new pc built

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone!

I built a new pc a week ago and I m dealing with some kernel power 41 errors.

My pc specs:

Win 10
Ryzen 9 3900x (and its default cooler)
RTX 2070
MOBO Gigabyte X570 UD
PSU Crosair CX750
SSD M.2 EVO 1Tb
2x 16Gb RAM

At first I come up with the problem when I plug off a TV monitor from the wall and after a couple of sec my PC suddenly reboots. I checked event logs and i show 6008 and 41 event .
The next day i checked again logs and i realized that a new kernel 41 event occurs the night before - when i was shutting down my PC.

It seems like the system is not properly shutdown even when i turn off the PC. I suspect that it might be an in house electrical issue, as everything is brand new. Is it a good testing option to connect my pc in another house and see if the problem still persist?

*My cpu temp is 55°c idle. I dont know if this is high number for this CPU. (pretty hot ambient temp ~30 °c)
**IMPORTANT: PC is connected to a multi-plug along other devices.

Sorry for my English, not the best. If I miss something I can provide my eventlogs file

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS