Question Having problems with my Asrock x370 Gaming K4, Ram problems.

vandalblue

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
Hello, i would like to have some help with my current problem.

I have an Asrock x370 Gaming K4 Fatal1ty Motherboard, an amd Ryzen 1800X and 16 gb ram, 4x4.

I was using this setup flawlessly until today, suddenly powered on my pc, and violá, the system only recognising 7,95 Gb of my 16 Gb, (7,95 usable) and overall performance went down, i know my Ram isn't to be used with my Motherboard by the way, always have to put too much effort to make this motherboard to recognize all the modules correctly, but now i can't even make them to work for dual channel.

My rams are the G.skill Ripjaws 4, a kit with 4 sticks, 4 gb each, 3000 Mhz, this model exactly: F4-3000C15Q-16GRK, link for details: http://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...4DDR4-3000MHz-CL15-15-15-35-1.35V16GB-(4x4GB)

I used those on my past x99 i7 5820k build, wich worked flawlessly, i think the motherboard have some problems managing the use of all 4 slots, as the rams are supposedly to be usen on a quad channel setup.

Well, thats it, i don´t know what to do, i updated the bios to it's latest build, i have windows 10 at latest build too, tried to verify is there are any bent pines on the cpu, and trying to put the modules at different order, one stick gives me 4 Gb, but after i put an second stick, no matter what, the system just say there is 3,5 gb (8 gb ram, 3,5 usable, ryzen logic, lol). Bios keep showing the sticks are woking on single channel, xmp is disabled too.

Sometimes trying to reorder the sticks, i just get a loop of infinite debug codes wich i can't even use to troubleshoot what is going on, then restart, untill i removed them all and try to put 1 by 1 again.

Any ideas? Maybe i could change my memory sticks or my motherboard?

Thank you and i will be waiting for some help :c

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you clear cmos after updating bios? System parameters in cmos may not have been updated. Loading bios defaults should refresh cmos, if not, try force clearing it by removing the battery. Power down first and discharge remaining power from capacitors by holding the case power button for a bit.

It is possible more than one ram stick is failing, or keep putting the same dodgy one back in?

Standard speeds should be working but have you tried adjusting memory settings your self?

Select frequency, 2133 and then try 3000 afterwards.
Dram voltage, 1.35, maybe try 1.4v.
Enter your timings, just the four primary timings. Cpuz will show you timings if not sure. The timings column for the speed you want, enter the values Cas#, Ras# to Cas#, Ras# precharge and tRas. In the bios, these fields should be identifiable, usually top of the list in advanced memory.

images

Set command rate to 2T, this should be further down the list in the same section as the timings.

Lastly, try set ProcODT between 48~60ohms. This setting is in either the same section as above or oc tuner.

vandalblue

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
Did you clear cmos after updating bios? System parameters in cmos may not have been updated. Loading bios defaults should refresh cmos, if not, try force clearing it by removing the battery. Power down first and discharge remaining power from capacitors by holding the case power button for a bit.

It is possible more than one ram stick is failing, or keep putting the same dodgy one back in?

Standard speeds should be working but have you tried adjusting memory settings your self?

Select frequency, 2133 and then try 3000 afterwards.
Dram voltage, 1.35, maybe try 1.4v.
Enter your timings, just the four primary timings. Cpuz will show you timings if not sure. The timings column for the speed you want, enter the values Cas#, Ras# to Cas#, Ras# precharge and tRas. In the bios, these fields should be identifiable, usually top of the list in advanced memory.

images

Set command rate to 2T, this should be further down the list in the same section as the timings.

Lastly, try set ProcODT between 48~60ohms. This setting is in either the same section as above or oc tuner.

Did everything, still no good results, i think i'm gonna need new ram modules or new motherboard, but can't decide wich to change.