Question Having Random Black screens by playing games

Oct 22, 2020
So these days my pc started to shut down randomly. Before doing that the fans ramp up. I have no idea what could be wrong so maybe people here will know. So only thing I noticed being wrong is fan speed before shutting down. The temperatures are fine, getting maximum 70c on gpu and 68c on cpu. Thermal paste is applied not a while a go. Can't be PSU cause I bought new one about month ago and tried with new one and old one. Tried swapping rams 0 difference. tried uninstalling video drivers with DDU, and installing new ones and older ones didn't help. Everything is up to date. At this point I'm lost... If anyone know what could be wrong would love to hear, and thanks for reading this :)

Oct 23, 2020
I have the same issues as you, with a 2060. I have tried all the same solutions you have, to no avail. There is a user on the LTT fourms who claims reapplying the GPUs thermal paste was the solution for him. My card's design hinders me from doing this but, it may be worth a try if yours is easy to open.

If you were referring to your GPUs thermal paste already in the post then nvm

Oct 23, 2020
The crashes only occur for me while under load, while a graphically intense game is loading or while I am alt-tabbing with many programs. I have been able to play less GPU bound games for hours on end (such as LoL).

Are your crashes also seemingly tied to the GPU load or are they even when you're at the desktop?

TRENDING THREADS