Having real trouble with my new MSI Geforce GTX 750Ti. Please help!!!

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I switched out my old card, XFX Radeon HD6850 for a MSI Geforce GTX 750Ti.
I was very excited. I continued to turn off my rig, unplugged all the connectors from my computer, (mouse, keyboard, etc) and of course, turned my CPU to OFF, before disconnecting it from my computer. I began to install the GTX750ti on a safe table, on tile, wearing rubber slippers (lol). Installation was a breeze. I then reconnected everything back in to my computer rig... more or less a "gaming rig", if you will. I pushed the power switch, everything was going smooth so far, until it booted up my desktop screen. The resolution was set at a different setting, so i set it back to 1920x1080. Windows Aero feature also wasn't working. I can't change the transparency, the color, nothing except the wallpaper. Now, i'm stuck with this solid light blue ugly taskbar, but that's a story for another time, something about downloading a WDDM driver. Anyway, I Installed the
MSi Driver & Utility CD it came with as directed in the manual. System Check, License Agreement, Options were all green and checked. Until the installation stopped, and it tells me "Nvidia Installer failed"

It gives me a list:

PhysX System Software ver. 9.13.0927 status - Up to date
3D Vision Controller Driver ver. 332.17 status - Not Installed
HD Audio Driver ver. 1.3.290 status - Not Installed
Graphics Driver ver. 332.17 status - Failed
NVIDIA GeForce Experience ver. 1.8.1 status - Not Installed
3D Vision Driver ver. 332.17 status - Not Installed

I'm kind of frustrated and id really appreciate someones help out there as to what i can do. I thought the CD it came with contained everything I needed to start playing my favorite games.
Thanks

AMD FX-4100 (overclocked to 4200mhz)

MSI Geforce GTX 750Ti

2 x 4GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

Corsair CX500 500w PSU

pyr0_m4n

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
The cd only has an outdated driver. Search "nvidia drivers" on google, go to their website, and download a more recent one straight from them. That may fix your issue, if not, come back and give an update.

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

I went to Nvidia's site and downloaded there latest driver but im still getting installation errors like im missing files or something

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

oh i actually didnt think about that...

d1rtydeedz

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

Uninstall all drivers and start over.

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

okay im sorry, im still new to this... uninstall all drivers, as in AMD Catalyst etc..anything AMD graphics wise. And ALL Nvidia drivers as well. and download the files and drivers for what i need to get my new card to work from the Nvidia site?

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

The Nvidia Control Panel is no where to be found on the site. Maybe they deleted it?

Hassanahmad

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
open control pannel and uninstall all amd logo drivers or these kinds of things BE CAREFUL!!!!! restart computer then go to geforce.com on the top there will be drivers option give your details download driver it will contain every thing . just agree erverthing restart then you are done. if it doesnt solve problem unplug connectors and plug them

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

No Luck :( I erased everything from amd/ati from regedit, programfiles and programfiles (x##) etc...
The only thing I cant seem to delete is: Computer > Local Disk C: > Program Files > ATI Technologies.
its killing me... I've been looking forward to use my new card... it is a huge upgrade. appreciate any help/advice you can give me

TXZN

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I couldn't erase some of the ATI/AMD/Nvidia files, not even with Driver Sweeper. That was the last draw. I system rebooted my computer and reinstalled windows 7. seems unnecessary, but I was desperate to try out the new card!!! D:
Everything is going smooth now, went to geforce.com and updated my drivers.
thanks for everything guys