Having serious issues with hd 7850 crossfire. Barely runs better than 1 7850 although everything seems to be in working order?

Zaneus

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hey guys, this is my first crossfire attempt and needless to say im completely clueless.. Have been reading all i can about other dual xfire 7850 setups and everyone sounds like theirs are working great except mine. They are hardly working better than 1 card in games like hitman: absolution and bioshock: infinite.
Ive tried removing and reinstalling drivers but im not 100% if im removing themm correctly. Am i supposed to completely uninstall ALL ccc software and drivers? i was just worried about removing my chipset drivers as well. Im a complete noob on most of this stuff and this is also my first build if that explains anything.

anyways this is my setup:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

CPU: amd fx-6300 six core oc to 4.2 ghz

GPU: 2x sapphire radeon hd 7850 1gb gddr5 pci-e 3.0

DRAM: 16 gb gskill sniper series 1866mhz

HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda 7200 rpm

PSU: 700w apevia atx12v xfire/sli ready

Case: cooler master elite 431

CPU Cooler: xigmatek gaia x2 fan push/pull

Optical drive: asus dvd burner

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.

Zaneus

Honorable
May 3, 2013

playing at 1080p and ive ran 3dmark with the xfire and got a p88xx or somthing like that.. need to run with 1 to compare but its all be overwhelming and wasnt sure what to do. i gtg to work but whenb i get back i will try these things you suggest and will let you know if they help. Thanks much!

Zaneus

Honorable
May 3, 2013
And yes i believe when in game they are going 95+%. it might be just one tho ill have to check when i get back home.. ill get all the info u need to make better suggestions when i do get back as well..

Quaddro

Distinguished

LOL..
But he's right.. :D
agreed about psu..
Lack of power can hold cards performance..ASAP, replace your psu..

About your processor, fx6300 is not good enough for multicard configuration..yes, you have a boost of performace, but not really huge..

But why people so worried about stutering or frame time or lag or etc..?
radeonpro (www.radeonpro.info) is a freeware tools that will fix that issue..

Crossfire still a good option for the sake of framerate..

Zaneus

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Ok lol so i get it ill get a new psu.. but really fx-6300 isnt good enough for multi card config??? i guess maybe i shouldve done a little more homework but it seemed to have best performance next to and 8 core.. especially for the price.. maybe i should send these 7850's back and get a 7950 or 7970? what u guys think? i only had enough cash for 1 then couple weeks later bought second and im still within time frame to rma them... iunno.. not sure which would be better.

Zaneus

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Also can some offer any suggestions on a good performance/price psu for my setup?

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
CPU: amd fx-6300 six core oc to 4.2 ghz
GPU: 2x sapphire radeon hd 7850 1gb gddr5 pci-e 3.0
DRAM: 16 gb gskill sniper series 1866mhz
HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda 7200 rpm
Case: cooler master elite 431
CPU Cooler: xigmatek gaia x2 fan push/pull
Optical drive: asus dvd burner

Quaddro

Distinguished
Any of amd base processor (for right now), even the expensive one (fx8350), still can't extract all of multi card configuration horse power, if we compare with intel base system..

Once more again i agree with Mr.Big..
With one solid card, (79XX), you'll see a huge performance gain rather than 2 mid end crossfire card..

i suggest you to sell both of your card, and get a 79xx class (or at least 7870XT, well, this card is very good and almost as fast 7950)..

x650 is very solid psu (and expensive too)..
If you go with single card, rather than expensive gold rating power, you may go with something cheaper like Super Flower SF-550P14HE Amptac (bronze) or Seasonic 520W S12II-520 80 Plus (Bronze). It will suffice your need..even if you're overclocking your system

Save your money, and buy fast SSD Drive for your system..
you'll see (very) huge performance gain in responsiveness and loading speed of your program, rather than using traditional hard drive(s)..

Zaneus

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Yeah i think ill rma my 7850's since i know one is def still in the window to do so i i think the first one i bought still is as well. and ill just get a 7950 or something..