[SOLVED] Having serious performance issues with my frames in games recently despite low gpu/cpu usage and temps. (RTX 2070, Ryzen 2600x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2021
Having serious performance issues with my frames in games recently despite low gpu/cpu usage and temps. (RTX 2070, Ryzen 2600x)

I've noticed in games like FiveM and Rust, for example, my friends with a 1060 and 1080 both run higher frames than me, with a 2070, even when I'm running all low settings and they're on ultra. I looked into it a bit and can't figure out any solutions for my specific problem.

Some basic information: (also things that could be relevant)

• I have the latest Nvidia drivers as well as the latest Windows update
  • I have set both Nvidia and windows power plans to max performance
-I have noticed that my hardware peaks at maybe 45% usage with temps as low as 28 and it won't go any higher
- In Minecraft for example I run 12 chunks and maybe get 70-80 fps in all vanilla
-My boot drive has little space left

- I use my 2nd monitor for gaming, and it is marked as the 2nd monitor in windows. My primary monitor is not the main one I use so-to-speak. I do this because it takes the activated windows watermark to my other screen. I don't mind changing it back. (This could be it but I'm not sure.)

I'm guessing it is maybe some option I have enabled that is capping my gpu and cpu performance but I can't figure out why or what it is.

I'm Willing to run any benchmarks and follow any instructions to the teeth if need be. Any help is much appreciated.

Specs list:

- Ryzen 5 2600x
-32 GB of 3200mhz RAM running in dual-channel ( I cannot tell if I have enabled XMP or not in my bios. It only lists one stick as running 3200 MHZ and I'm just not 100% sure it is enabled correctly.)
  • 1 Tb WD Blue HDD
  • 500 GB m.2 ssd (Boot)
  • B450 Aorus Elite
  • Asus ROG Strix 2070
  • EVGA 550 B3 psu
  • Coolermaster AIO
MSI MAG241C 144hz Monitor (main but not primary in windows)
AOC 24V2W1G5 75hz Monitor (Secondary but marked primary in windows)
(can expand if needed)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45320807

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.