Having serious trouble with DX11 in games under some circumstances.

epoloski

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Hey, guys. As the thread's name probably implies, I'm suffering hardcore performance lags with DX11 enabled in games under *certain* circumstances. What's curious is that in some instances, even those of the likes of Crysis 2's "Second Chance" level, my performance never really falls short -- even with DX11 enabled on Ultra at 1680x1050. It's smooth throughout the entire level, for the most part. However, in other instances, such as those of Road Rage, my performance is constantly -- 100% of the time -- stuttering and staggering under DX11, although my game feels smooth in between said stuttering hiccups (and those hiccups are extraordinarily frequent, making the game pretty much unplayable on those levels).

What could possibly be wrong? This is absolutely perplexing me. My hardware isn't running hot, Crysis 2 doesn't appear to be hogging too many resources in terms of RAM, and the issues only appear in certain levels. I'm also having stuttering issues with DX11 enabled in games like Blacklight, so the problem doesn't seem to be bound to just Crysis. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, with DX9 enabled, Crysis 2 is blown out of the water with my rig. Never a real performance stutter. Even in levels like Road Rage, which cause my client to stutter uncontrollably with DX11 enabled.

epoloski

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Thanks, Brett. However, I believe reinstalling my GPU drivers fixed the problem. I'm not having the stuttering issues I've had before. Much appreciated, though!