Question Having some issues with pc. Possible motherboard failure?

SilentJay313

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
For the past year I have been having random issues with gaming pc and I suspect that possibly my motherboard is faulty. I have had random shutdowns happen out of nowhere and odd fatal error messages pop up while shutting down my pc. The most recent issues I had were 2 of my ram sticks just failing last month, and just today I had a boot error reset my xmp settings to default.

My build is as follows :
Gigabyte Ga z270x ultra gaming motherboard
Intel I7 7700k
Cryorig h7
2 sets of Gskill Trident z 16gb @3200mhz. The ram I had before this was 32gb of corsair vengeance lpx @3000mhz but 2 of the 4 sticks burned out on me.)
Evga supernova g3 650 watt psu
Evga Gtx 1070 sc
Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB nvme
Wd black 4tb hdd

Please let me know of any tests you want me to run or additional information needed.

Random shut downs like that typically point to a PSU issue. Can you get another one to try out? Perhaps a lend from a friend?

If you have any OC's on either CPU/GPU/Ram i'd take them off and try running system at stock. You could laso try it with just the iGPU, which would take a big load off the PSU. If the system runs okay on the iGPU, then chances are the PSU is done.

The G3 is a great PSU, how old is it? It could be failing.

Vic 40

Polypheme
Ambassador
To add on the ram,if you did mix two sets try each set on it's own. Also with 4 sticks @3200mhz might the cpu need a (small) overclock or maybe abit of a voltage boost on the ram and/or memory controller.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS