Having some PC issues, plz help.

Failattempts

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Hi do I have been having a lot of issues with my computer since I built it a year ago, main issues I was having was my game would freeze the audio would make a weird noise and I would have to hard restart it, I will explain things I did a little later on to try and fix it, but other issues I have been having are when I restart my PC my computer looks like it restarts fine but nothing comes up on the screen, so I hard restart it and sometimes that doesn't fix it I have to do that like 4 or more times to get it to work, and when I turn off my computer the normal way through desktop my computer turns back on sometimes right away and sometimes after a few min. So I am running a dual SLI Evga hydro copper liquid cooled system I first thought my first card was bad (the one everything is plugged into) so I switched my cards around and when my original first card is in the third slot it gives me and error and only picks up in device manager but it's not usable, so I though ohh ok it's just the GPU, but I'm having the same issues now with my other GPU.

Computer specs:
Rampage V Extreme
i7 5930k
32 GB Dom Plat 3000 mhz 4 gb x 8
2x Samsung 850 Pro512 GBin raid 0
Corsair Ax 1500 W PSU
And 2 Evga hydro copper 980's (which one doesn't work right now)

GPU temps on idle 28 - 30 C
Under extreme load 39 - 49 C

CPU temps on idle 30 - 35
Under extreme load 38 - 50

For my extreme load test I ran Prime 95 on the most extreme settings and I ran heaven on the most extreme settings and ran both tests at least he same time for over 8 hours and didn't have any issues. Also my GPU and CPU are over clocked a little.

Foray tempted fixes I have tried different ram, SSD's, switched my two GPUs around, I have tried about a million drivers done uninstall and installs about 5000 times, did Windows installs for 10 and 8 a bunch of times, did bios flash.

<NOT ALLOWED HERE>

Solution
When the PC freezed during the games, usually that is caused by overheat, the driver problem, or PSU, RAM.
So you said you did uninstall and reinstall the GPU driver 5000 times already, and do you use the DDU uninstall the driver? If you don't, and try use it in safe mode, then reinstall the GPU driver. 2nd, check the RAM one by one by MemTest86 http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm 3rd it does not hurt to check the +3.3V, +5V, +12V in the BIOS. Power Supply Voltage Tolerances

And recommend to use minimum hardware to sovle your problem, like use single 980, one stick RAM, don't oc the cpu/GPU, also if you had other add-on hardware like the sound card, take it out. And may try use one SSD too, because you try reinstall the OS, and I...
When the PC freezed during the games, usually that is caused by overheat, the driver problem, or PSU, RAM.
So you said you did uninstall and reinstall the GPU driver 5000 times already, and do you use the DDU uninstall the driver? If you don't, and try use it in safe mode, then reinstall the GPU driver. 2nd, check the RAM one by one by MemTest86 http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm 3rd it does not hurt to check the +3.3V, +5V, +12V in the BIOS. Power Supply Voltage Tolerances

And recommend to use minimum hardware to sovle your problem, like use single 980, one stick RAM, don't oc the cpu/GPU, also if you had other add-on hardware like the sound card, take it out. And may try use one SSD too, because you try reinstall the OS, and I guess may try one more time in the single SSD.

Solution

Failattempts

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Alright, I will def try these things out, I did use DDU, but will try the ram thing check the voltage and just try different hardware and let you know what happens

From your information, I have no real clue. To find the problem, you need to be very systematic.

As suggested above, strip the machine down to the minimum and see. If you find nothing swap GPUs and recheck, swap memory sticks and recheck, change a single thing at a time until you find the part or combination that causes issues.

If you can tell us what combinations of parts show no issues, then we may be able to help isolate things.