Question Having some really weird issue with new V-Moda wireless headphones I bought ?

Zetrix88

Commendable
Aug 30, 2021
Hello everyone,
Sorry for coming here with technical problem but I dont know where else to go. I couldnt find anywhere how to solve the problem I am having, and I didnt see anyone with the same one.

I very recently bought new V-Moda Crossfaide II Wireless, after being satisfied with my V-Moda M100 for few years. They have option to either be connected via bluetooth or by wire. If they are wired, everything works flawlessly. The issues come when I go for bluetooth.

When I tried them on my phone, they worked good. Little worse quality but thats to be expected. When I tried them on my laptop at home there was this weird problem, took me some time to finally pair and connect them, and when I did and played something, there was a lot of stuttering, the music was pausing very often, like 5 seconds it played good, then it was keep lagging.

I tried them on my PC, the place I use by far the most. And I cant even describe how extremely bad it sounds from them and how many issues I got. The sound is very distorted I can hardly hear . I am constantly getting this cracking and popping sounds through it, very rarely it plays normally for like a second, often it is just pausing and getting interrupted. Sometimes my headphones just randomly disconnect from the blueetooth and I have to connect again. The sound output is keep changing, everything with sound on my PC starts to lag. And the quality is so bad I literally cant say what is playing from the headphones.

I tried contacting V-Moda, and they gave me some troubleshooting things to try out, like restarting them to factory mode, unpairing etc. but nothing helped. They told me they are faulty and I should return them...

But that didnt sit right with me, because on phone they worked fine, so I tried them on second laptop at different location and they worked perfectly there. So I really dont know whats wrong, but it seems like it has to be something with my PC. Not the heaphones right?

I Tried getting new drivers, updating my windows. Unpairing and pairing many times, and I am still having the same problems.

Does anybod here had similar issue? Do you know whats the cause, or how to fix it? Any help appreciated.

Zetrix88

Commendable
Aug 30, 2021
My BIOS is fairly new. I am using Motherboard MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi

Update USB drivers? I am connected straight to the PC's network card which has bluetooth. So I am not using any USB dongle. Although I was thinking of this myself. Maybe the dongle would solve it. I couldnt find anywhere what Bluetooth version the headphones support. Everywhere it says it supports all bluetooth types.

I tried unpairing from everywhere and pairing just with PC - same problem.

Updated the Bluetooth drivers again, still same problem...