Question Having some strange issues - Comprehensive

jellocup88

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Hello,

I have been having some issues with my custom build. Issues include occasional 'soft' crashes where I try to launch an application or game and it wont launch, computer black screens and is unresponsive to inputs, then it restarts itself after like 10-15 minutes. I also have been having strange screen dragging lag, where internet connection and frames are fine, but still feels like it is lagging. There are occasional frame drops as well. In addition I get some robotic scratchy audio at times and audio that goes out completely, changes audio devices to play through TV that I use for a screen, then comes back to my headset.
I have been spending some time updating every possible driver excluding Motherboard BIOS. Audio drivers, Graphics drivers, windows drivers, usb, AMD processor. I have also cleaned my boot drive and managed to clear 60 gb out so there is a good amount of room on it. (Windows hibernate mode was taking up 42 GB and hidden in system files!!!!) I've ran tests to ensure I have all proper windows files, defragged, deleted temp files, and ran win defender to ensure no viruses.

I also ran a userbenchmark test that I will link in the bottom along with specs. There are some interesting things there: cpu performing lower than expected, ram cant be identified and is performing poorly, and SSD and drives can't be benchmarked for some reason.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
  • One change I made recently is I put 2 more sticks of ram in of what I thought was the same sticks, but they are actually 3600 speed vs my existing two sticks which are 3200. Idk if this matters or not, but part of my issues could have to do with this.
  • Lacking a driver or driver issue. I have used a software to uninstall all old graphics drivers and installed new ones using AMD software. But sometimes I get a blue windows crash screen that references a driver going to sleep or some type of driver error.
  • Windows related issue, as I have almost always had issues with windows updates where I will hit update, and it will load but not fully update. This should be fixed though as I refresh and it says it is now up to date.
[UserBenchmarks: ](https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56667383)
UserBenchmarks SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - 67.9%
GPU: AMD RX 5700-XT - 105.6%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB - 87.2%
SSHD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB - 14.9%
HDD: Seagate Expansion Desk 5TB - 9.8%
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 (4x8Gb) 32 Gb
F4-3600C18-8GVK F4-3200C16-8GVKB F4-3600C18-8GVK F4-3200C16-8GVKB 32GB - 63.3%
MBD: MSI B450 Tomahawk
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ Gold

Thank you in advance for any advice or help!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY