[SOLVED] Having strange mouse behaviour on windows 10

Jan 19, 2021
Hello there!

I'm running a wireless trackpad and mouse on my desktop and have been having some immense headache that is confusing me :(

Each time I click the left mouse everything as is expected however, it seems to latch as if I have not released my click.
This is a pain in the bum as I'm an audio editor.

Now its not a hardware issue as I've hooked up both the track pad and the mouse to my apple laptop and they work a treat, also checked out some cheap wired dell mice and they had the same issue on the windows machine.

I will state that I'm using magic track pad ll and a magic mouse ll with the magic utilities app running profiles for both.
I've tried contacting the app devs and they suggested a fresh install but the issue persisted without the apps installed.

Has anybody experienced this or a similar issue? Perhaps there is a tool out there that I can use to sort this?

Many thanks.

Dan

Ryzen 9 3950x
GTX 970 ti
Asrock x570 Taichi
Vengence LPX 32 gb, DDR4 3600, CL14
BeQuit! Pure Loop
Samsung Evo 970 Plus m.2 1TB
Sabrent Rocket m.2 2TB

Magic Mouse ll
Magit Track Pad ll
Magic Keyboard ll

Solution
Did you install any software or drivers with the mouse that wont work , as you say the items worked on a laptop it has to be some on the pc that needs fixing.
Try this , go into device manager and look for the mouse in the list of items , right click on the mouse entry and choose uninstall driver , when you restart your pc windows will load up a generic driver.
Did you install any software or drivers with the mouse that wont work , as you say the items worked on a laptop it has to be some on the pc that needs fixing.
Try this , go into device manager and look for the mouse in the list of items , right click on the mouse entry and choose uninstall driver , when you restart your pc windows will load up a generic driver.

Reactions: Danvictory
Solution