Question Having stutters in GTA San Andreas, while having a high-end pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafiii

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU : RX-590 8gb (msi armor)
16 gb 3000mhz ram.
I watched a lot of videos, or forums about having high FPS in SA but the screen stutters, and I couldn't find anything that would work for me.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU : RX-590 8gb (msi armor)
16 gb 3000mhz ram.
I watched a lot of videos, or forums about having high FPS in SA but the screen stutters, and I couldn't find anything that would work for me.

There is a known issue with the GTA engine where if the fps is too high it causes stuttering (Intel i9 9900K owners were getting stuttering in GTA 5 for this reason). It can be difficult to get old games to run nicely on new hardware....

Rafiii

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
So what can I do then? I really want to play that OG game. I also get better experience in GTA V then IV or San Andreas so y'all right, but is there a way around it?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Set an fps cap - like 120.
2)Clean install the gpu drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller to completely wipe the old ones first.
3)Update the motherboard drivers and bios.
4)Scan PC for any viruses or malware. Adwcleaner is pretty good at finding malware that tends to get past AVs: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
5)Run a Windows DISM and system scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

6)Last resort would be to reinstall Windows. It may clean up some older drivers that are doing more harm than good.
You will have to reinstall the motherboard drivers as well, since they get installed in the C drive.

Rafiii

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
Hey, so first of all, sorry for being this late. I fixed the lag, fixed my fps to lower, because it was around average 580 fps, so the lag is gone. But I cant fix the Y sensivity bug. I tried some solutions, but none of them worked for me. If you guys could help me with that, I would be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.