Having trouble diagnosing issue.

marooned24

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
So recently I have been having trouble with this game Playerunkowns Battlegrounds, I join the game and after a few seconds my game freezes up and I cant even end the process through task manager and my only solution is to restart my PC. After a lot of trouble I ended up system restoring my PC and doing a fresh install of winsows 10. Everything seemed to be going smoothly at first but I still am having the same problem with the game. I checked my ram by switching the sticks out and seeing if they would boot each on their own. Both sticks booted fine so I relaunched my PC. I then tried to get a hardware monitor to see if I my be experiencing some overheating or anything iffy with my cpu. I ended up trying Open Hardware Monitor, Speedfan and Speccy and they each stopped responding and after I tried to close them out they wouldn't even let me end the processes in task manager, same issue I was having with Battlegrounds. I am starting to wonder if I may have a dying CPU on my hands and I am not sure what to do. Hope someone can help me out, thank you.

System Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 16-bit
msi ms-7752 mobo
Intel i5-3570k 3.4 GHz oc'd to 4.2 GHz (about 4-5 years old now)
16 GB RAM (4-5 years old)
MSI GeForce GTX 1070

Solution
In your event viewer... if it does not crash can you see what is throwing up errors?
See if you are getting any hardware events during the time of the crash. Check for something called WHEA LOGGER and see if that is pointing at your CPU. Check all the error folder.
Sometimes these errors mean nothing, but windows is going to display things when stuff goes wrong with your hardware.
You know... crashing programs can be caused by storage devices as well! Try running crystal disk!

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
In your event viewer... if it does not crash can you see what is throwing up errors?
See if you are getting any hardware events during the time of the crash. Check for something called WHEA LOGGER and see if that is pointing at your CPU. Check all the error folder.
Sometimes these errors mean nothing, but windows is going to display things when stuff goes wrong with your hardware.
You know... crashing programs can be caused by storage devices as well! Try running crystal disk!

Solution