Having Trouble Installing a Card GTX 1050

Aug 30, 2018
I bought a GTX 1050 Ti, following the instructions to install. I put it into my motherboard and booted the system to install the drivers (like it said) but then I recieved the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key" and I couldn't get past that.
So after exploring bios for a bit and getting nowhere I decided to shut it all off, unplug the card, and then install the drivers first and then put the card in.
But after booting up without the card I am given the same error again.
Because my system had integrated graphics before the card I may have confused it? It's sure confused me.
I'm not sure what to do, many thanks.

Solution
Your display is plugged into the card correct? not the MB correct?
If so....and you see a display....you are set up right in your BIOS as far as the graphics.

If it booted up fine.....your boot order in the BIOS is good.

....as far as why it booted up slow...not sure about that.
Have you gone into the BIOS and first make sure all your drives are recognized.....and second.....make sure your boot drive is at the top of the boot order.

Also....being you were running on integrated graphics....there is a good chance there is somewhere in the BIOS to disable this. You should do this.

Aug 30, 2018

I put the card back in and went into the bios, the integrated graphics weren't affecting anything I don't think. I think I changed the boot order, since now it booted up fine (though much slower). I'm installing the drivers now and I'll restart after that. Hopefully it works out fine.

Your display is plugged into the card correct? not the MB correct?
If so....and you see a display....you are set up right in your BIOS as far as the graphics.

If it booted up fine.....your boot order in the BIOS is good.

....as far as why it booted up slow...not sure about that.

Solution