Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
CPU: Intel - Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: Geforce GTX 1080
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 UEFI DualBios
SSD: samsung 850 evo 250 GB
RAM: G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Plugged in devices: Just a keyboard.

So I've been having this issue where my computer's display started to randomly turn off, and it booted into the windows recovery mode, and I decided to reset my Windows 10 as one of my attempts for a solution to this issue. After it reset I got sent to a login screen for Windows 10, and when I attempted to login my PC restarted immediately, and upon trying to load through my SSD, it now says "Reboot and select proper Boot Device". I assume my Windows 10 is now corrupted, so I'm attempting to boot from USB a fresh Windows 10, but I've been having issues doing so.

I've set my BIOS settings to its default. When I tried booting from my flash drive, I get sent to a black screen with a blue windows logo, and spinning dots that dont seem to ever end. I'm not sure if I'm setting up my flash drive correctly for this to work. I formatted my flash drive using diskpart, fat32 format, primary patition set to active. My PC screen currently looks like this except with spinning dots underneath the logo: https://www.windowscentral.com/site...018/11/boot-windows-10-logo.jpg?itok=lWjNnNg8

My questions are, am I formatting my flash drive correctly, and if not, how should I format my flash drive so that it does work. Also, how long do I generally need to wait for the windows screen to actually load? I've waited half an hour for it so far. Also, when I check out the boot options, I actually have 3 selections. UEFI Sandisk, SSD Samsung, and Sandisk. My flash drive counts as two boot options, and I'm not sure which to pick? I've had more success reaching the windows screen I mentioned above by selecting Sandisk as the boot option rather than UEFI Sandisk, though I feel like I shouldnt be doing this.

My keyboard is also plugged into a USB 2.0 port along with the flash drive. I notice my keyboards light flickers on and off while my PC is stuck in the windows loading screen, not sure if that is relevant. Please help, I was using my computer just fine until today when these issues started appearing. I tried to give as much information as I can, if there's more information that is needed please let me know and I'll try to provide it.

You don't "format" your flash drive, at all. Windows media creation tool does that. Just follow the instructions here. If that doesn't work, you have another issue like a failing HDD or SSD, or some other component like the motherboard.

Or, your flash drive is faulty.