Having Trouble Restoring a Disk Image

V0lxx_

Prominent
May 1, 2017
So I recently picked up a new SSD since my old one completely filled up. At recommendation, I used Macrium Reflect to image the entire SSD, and now that I have the new one (and sold the old one), I’m currently trying to use Macrium to restore the entire image to my new hard drive.

Problem is, I’ve sat through the restore twice now, and both times my computer’s been unable to boot into Windows. The first time, I used Macrium’s PE OS to run the restore. Upon trying to boot, I was told that “a device is unable to be accessed” or something like that - anyway, it gave me the error code 0xc0000225. I tried booting it again, and it told me it couldnt find “wininfo.efi” or something like that.

The second time, I tried using Macrium’s Rescue USB software, and this time, the computer booted and restarted for a while, and then threw me into Windows’s recovery options.

My guess is my restore messed up something on the drive, which I dont understand as I figure that restoring the entire hard drive also includes all the files I’d need to start the PC. Maybe issue with conflicts on new hardware?
Some googling tells me I need to rebuild the MBR or something, but I have no clue how to do that or if I even need to.

If anyone can please help me with this situation I’d greatly appreciate it. I’ve got a lot of video games to play over the weekend :D
If you guys need any more info just ask.

If you made an image, it should be an exact image....with all the files you need, including the boot files/partition etc.

If you didn't change any hardware....this drive should boot exactly like the other one.

If it doesn't....I suspect there is something wrong with either the image file or the contents of the drive or the drive itself.

V0lxx_

Prominent
May 1, 2017
I’m completely baffled at this point. The drive seems to work completely fine, it’s just the backup not working for some reason, and I know I did everything right with Macrium especially considering that both the rescue USB and the Windows installer detect everything perfectly.

I’m currently trying to restore it for the 3rd time after completely clearing the disk using diskpart. Gonna see how this turns out.

V0lxx_

Prominent
May 1, 2017
As far as I can say it was not. It worked absolutely perfectly, never let me down throughout my ownership of it. (Except of course when it filled up)

TRENDING THREADS