Question Having trouble trying to boot a fresh install of windows using windows media creation tool.

Apr 6, 2021
I recently rebuilt most of my PC, everything but the ram and drives are brand new, and when I try to boot this happens (just know in the video the pc is restarting itself):
View: https://youtu.be/-TAw0HcN1kA

Before when I plugged my ssd with windows installed, I would get something similar to the video except it would say MSI (not windows logo) and preparing automatic repair. I figured that maybe my windows install got corrupted so I formatted all my drives and attempted to fresh install windows using a usb with windows media creation tool on it. This video shows where I'm at right now with troubleshooting. The fact that it keeps shutting down and rebooting itself once it reaches a certain point makes me think windows is not the problem. Could something be overheating or shorting causing my PC to reboot itself, or is it a malfunction of somekind.

I currently only have 1 ram stick, one ssd, and one keyboard installed as peripherals. I have rebuilt everything for the second time with no changes.

Apr 6, 2021
That's me trying to boot windows using windows media creation tool off of a usb. My BIOS menu looks exactly like the standard MSI ones do, and it looks nothing like that.
Specs:
Mobo: msi z490 a pro

Cpu: i7 10700k

Gpu: sapphire nitro+ 5700xt

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16 GB

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Psu: Corsair RM 750X

Cpu fan:dark rock pro 4

Case: corsair 4000x

Apr 6, 2021
I have tried that already and I still get the same thing. Do you think something is shorting or overheating which is causing a reboot cycle? My cpu temp in bios is between 23-25 C so I don't suspect the cpu

Colif

Win 11 Master
The 1st stage of the installer is loading itself into ram, it doesn't touch the ssd at that stage.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just to make it.

Apr 6, 2021
Wolf, I currently have all that at the moment and no luck with that method. I just watched the inside of the pc when it shuts off and reboots, and for a split second the error LED for the cpu flashes (according to my manual it says that means it is not detected or it fails). Could this be something?

I will try the memetest86 method tomorrow.

Apr 6, 2021
Yeah, I agree that I wouldn't get that far if the cpu was malfunctioning.
I installed the latest BIOS already, but I can try running ubuntu and see if that makes a difference

Apr 6, 2021
also the ubuntu method had the same reboot process as windows. this time I loosened up the cpu cooler screws because I read that it could cause a short. I even unplugged the keyboard, and my monitor to see if anything would change but it didn't.

I'm still thinking that my motherboard may be defected