Having trouble updating Intel H67 BIOS

Talfur

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
So I bought a Intel core i5 ivy bridge processor and I currently have an Intel H67 Express Chipset. I know that I need to update my BIOS but I'm not quite sure how to.

I tried going to my manufacturers site (Gateway) and downloading the update there. But whenever I try to update, it says the ROM file does not match the existing BIOS size. The one I'm trying to install is a 2.5mb and I'm not sure on what mine is. I can't seem to find my model number anywhere, I tried CPU-Z and it shows up as DX4860, but that appears to be non-existant. It's also the model of my computer.

So I'm curious as to what I need to do to update my bios, or if I should just return the processor until I can get a new motherboard entirely.

i would google the model of the gateway to see if you have the right file. if not look atthe service part number of the mb to make sure you have the right file. a lot of times the file is an exe program...run it in windows and it flashes the bios or it makes a boot floppy or usb stick. if not it expand all the files and readme and one of the files will be a rom file.

Talfur

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I have done all this, and the gateway site gives me that file. It is apparently too big/small for the BIOS. it is a .exe program and I ran it, and the rom file is there, but its not the right size. Gateway claims that the file is the right one for my model, but it apparently is not.

some more specs-
My computer is a Gateway DX4860
I want to upgrade my cpu to an Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570k
My chipset is an Intel H67 express chipset, the BIOS version is P01 A2, and I need P03, A3 (according to Gateway)

I've been searching high and low for the past 2 days for how to do this, and I don't want to waste money taking it to the shop if someone here would be able to help me.

Talfur

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

The first thing didn't do anything, just told me my bluetooth devices.

The second thing is what I originally downloaded, and I tried again for the sake of trying. But I get the error again.

"ROM file size does not match the existing BIOS size"