[SOLVED] Having trouble upgrading pc, lights and fans turn on but no display and no error beeps

SAGEZILLA

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Hey there I recently upgraded my old motherboard cpu and ram. I got an AMD Ryzen 1700X and Asus prime A320M-K motherboard combo from microcenter and bough 16gb ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX ram. (8gbx2) I put it all together yesterday and it powered on with lights and fans but no display and no beeps, I assumed some of the hardware was bad and I went and exchanged everything for new stuff and put it all together and nothing changed. I feel like I've tried everything and talked to everyone. The only thing I can think of now is that maybe the ram isn't compatible with my my motherboard. By all the technical specs it should be fine but it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty bummed out and have no idea what to do and can't afford to take it in for a professional to see it. I really appreciate any help anyone can offer :)

Solution
I have currently installed an amd Ryzen 1700x cpu gtx 970 gpu corsair vengeance LPX ram 2x8gb 3200 mhz corsair vs 600 power supply a hyper 212 evo cpu cooler and an old 2tb hdd and Asus prime A320M-K motherboard

Edit:sorry I tried to edit this before but I'm terrible at using forums on my phone. I have a corsair vs 600 power supply and I thought that would be enough but at this point I dunno. I just can't really afford anything new
Hm, that should be good. try going to pcpartspicker.com and put in your entire build and it'll actually tell you if everything is compatible. I would do a compatibility check first for all of your components if I were you. It's not 100% accurate but it's a good place to start on compatibility.
Jun 3, 2018
Could possibly be a power supply issue. I had the same issue two days ago where I wasn't pushing enough power to power on the mobo. It did however power the fans and lights. Check and see if the power supply is strong enough to push the required wattage through your whole system to power it properly. Luckily my power supply has a voltage switch so I had to go from 250v to 115v to power my mobo. Fixed my issue instantly. The new hardware will have a different power consumption than your previous hardware.

Reactions: SAGEZILLA

SAGEZILLA

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Could possibly be a power supply issue. I had the same issue two days ago where I wasn't pushing enough power to power on the mobo. It did however power the fans and lights. Check and see if the power supply is strong enough to push the required wattage through your whole system to power it properly. Luckily my power supply has a voltage switch so I had to go from 250v to 115v to power my mobo. Fixed my issue instantly. The new hardware will have a different power consumption than your previous hardware.
I have currently installed an amd Ryzen 1700x cpu gtx 970 gpu corsair vengeance LPX ram 2x8gb 3200 mhz corsair vs 600 power supply a hyper 212 evo cpu cooler and an old 2tb hdd and Asus prime A320M-K motherboard

Edit:sorry I tried to edit this before but I'm terrible at using forums on my phone. I have a corsair vs 600 power supply and I thought that would be enough but at this point I dunno. I just can't really afford anything new

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018

Hm, that should be good. try going to pcpartspicker.com and put in your entire build and it'll actually tell you if everything is compatible. I would do a compatibility check first for all of your components if I were you. It's not 100% accurate but it's a good place to start on compatibility.

Solution