Question Having trouble with GPU

Dec 8, 2021
I’ve been having this issue for quite a bit now. My PC refuses to cold boot after leaving it off overnight, i’ve tried just about everything that everyone’s suggested, replaced the mobo, psu, cpu, and ram. I seemed to have ruled the issue down to the gpu, but i want an second opinion just to make sure

Old specs:

Mobo - Asus prime B450M-A
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - Msi geforce rtx 2060
Ram - 2x8GB DDR4 T-Force vulcan z 3200MHz
PSU - Gigabyte P550B

Current specs:
Mobo - Asus prime B550M-A(wifi)
CPU - Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU - same model
Ram - 2x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz
PSU - EVGA 700GD 80+ Gold

I’ve seemed to have pinpointed the issue, it refused to cold boot, but if i take out the gpu the pc boots just fine, and if i install the gpu after that it starts without issue, but after starting once the issue repeats

I appreciate any advice on the matter, i’m fed up at this point ˊᵕˋ

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state a cold boot, is the wall outlet turned off for the night or perhaps the rocker switch at the back of the PSU?

Gigabyte P550B
That is not a PSU, more like an expensive paperweight.

Since you migrated platforms, did you reinstall the OS when you made the jump to the latter specs? Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with and what version(not edition, if on Windows 10) are you on? BIOS version for your latter motherboard? Do you get a mild tingling sensation when touching the chassis with your bare feet making contact with a tiled(non wooden or carpeted floor)?

Dec 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state a cold boot, is the wall outlet turned off for the night or perhaps the rocker switch at the back of the PSU?

Gigabyte P550B
That is not a PSU, more like an expensive paperweight.

Since you migrated platforms, did you reinstall the OS when you made the jump to the latter specs? Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with and what version(not edition, if on Windows 10) are you on? BIOS version for your latter motherboard? Do you get a mild tingling sensation when touching the chassis with your bare feet making contact with a tiled(non wooden or carpeted floor)?
Usually i just shut down from the start screen and leave it overnight, i never usually hit the back switch or pull the plug unless i’m working on the pc or taking it somewhere occasionally.

I didn’t reinstall the OS, but i did upgrade to windows 11. the issue has persisted since win10 tho

as far as the bios, i did download the latest update after i installed it, that and i don’t recall any tingling sensation, but i’ve got wooden floors, i’m not sure if that would make any difference